PYRGOS PREHISTORIC MUSEUM
|SHORE EXCURSION:||Fira, Pyrgos and Prehistoric Museum|
|TOUR AT A GLANCE|
|You will visit||Mt. Profit Ilias and Prehistoric Museum|
|You will see||Fira|
|Shopping||time for shopping in Fira|
From the ship you will board a local tender and disembark after 15 minutes at the island's main port Athinios. Here we will board the motorcoach and ascend the colorful rocky sides of the caldera wall while enjoying panoramic views of the island. Once the top is reached will make your way to the highest peak of Santorini (883 feet) to Mt. Profit Ilias where the monastery of the same name was built in 1712. From this point you have a magnificent view of the entire island.
After exploring these fascinating places, you’ll be driven to Fira, the island’s capital, where you will visit the Prehistoric Museum, housing among others, the famous wall-paintings of Akrotiri.
Free time will be given for you to explore Fira independently before making your own way back to the ship, using the cable car ticket provided.
- This excursion will operate by coach and on foot.
- Note that all minors (those under 18) must be accompanied by an adult on shore excursions.
- The tour ends in Fira with a walk of about 500 meters to reach the cable car station.
- Free time in Fira involves walking through narrow cobblestone streets with numerous flat steps, so low-heeled, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Rest room facilities at the museum.