|SHORE EXCURSION:||Ia (Oia) Village and winery|
|TOUR AT A GLANCE|
|You will visit||Ia village and a traditional winery|
|You will see||Fira|
|Meal||wine tasting and local snacks included|
|Shopping||time for shopping in Ia and Fira|
Departing from the ship by local tender you will sail to Skala port from where will embark a local tender to Athinios. Upon arrival at Athinios port you will board the bus and drive through traditional villages towards Ia on the northern end of Santorini.
On the way to Ia you will have the opportunity to see the different layers of lava that the volcano has produced over the years in every phase of its activity.
Wandering through the narrow streets between the houses of the old island settlements is enough to release your mind from its usual rhythms. Each step you take changes the view, it is never straight. A wall, a doorway, a window, a stone staircase, a cobbled street seem as if they too might have a soul. Irregular unshaped stones one above the other, a small garden with a pot of flowers, this is the awesome Ia where the deep blue of the sea mingles with the colors of the sky and the red of the sun which gives way to the golden shine of the moon. Here is where you can just sit to enjoy the aroma of rest and live your dreams.
Leaving the village of Ia you will be driven to a local winery for a small tour and wine tasting together with local snacks (dry bread, cheese, olives and cherry tomatoes).
After the winery visit you will continue to the capital of the island Fira, where you will have free time to walk and browse in the local small shops and cafés.
You will return back to the ship by cable car.
- This excursion will operate by coach and on foot.
- Note that all minors (those under 18) must be accompanied by an adult on shore excursions.
- The excursion involves one hour of walking over cobblestones and with uphill inclines in places.
- The tour ends in Fira with a walk of about 500 meters to reach the cable car station.
- Free time in Fira involves walking through narrow cobblestone streets with numerous flat steps, so low-heeled, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Guests under the age of 18 years are not permitted to sample the wines.
- Rest room facilities at the winery.