|SHORE EXCURSION:||A visit to Palamidi Fortress and Epidaurus Theater|
|TOUR AT A GLANCE|
|You will visit||Palamidi Fortress, Epidaurus Theater|
|You will see||Nafplion town|
|Shopping||time for souvenir shopping in Nafplion|
Strolling through the narrow streets of Nafplion, you will certainly be charmed by the dramatic setting of the city, the sheer cliff of Palamidi, the rocky promontory of the Acronafplia, and the picturesque and mysterious Bourtzi island-fortress.
Nafplion is one of the most picturesque towns of the Peloponnese, occupying a rocky peninsula flanked by a natural harbor. The highest hill of the town is crowned by Fort Palamidi. Its main approach is by a steep zigzag staircase from the town and offers one of the most beautiful panoramic views.
Half an hour drive through vineyards and olive groves will take you to Epidaurus, the sanctuary of Asklepios, the god of medicine. On a hillside within the sanctuary lies the Theater of Epidaurus, the most famous and well-preserved of all ancient theaters in Greece. The acoustics here are so perfect that the slightest whisper or rustle of paper from the orchestra can be heard from any of its 14,000 seats. The theater is the most important building left on the site and undoubtedly the most beautiful of all theaters. Epidaurus and the whole feeling of the place is of health and freshness.
The tour will end in Nafplion, in time for lunch on board your ship.
- This excursion will operate by coach and on foot.
- Note that all minors (those under 18) must be accompanied by an adult on shore excursions.
- The tour of both archaeological sites are on foot therefore passengers with physical limitations should take this into consideration when booking.
- Comfortable non-slip shoes are recommended.
- The non flash cameras and videos are allowed.
- Rest room facilities at the sites.